Liposuction is the process of removing fat cells from your “trouble spots”. These are commonly the thighs, arms, tummy and neck, but fat can removed from virtually any area on your body. We remove the fat using the gentlest and most advanced techniques, minimizing the pain and recovery. In the privacy and safety of our certified operating room, our skilled and knowledgeable board-certified cosmetic surgeons personalize each treatment to their patient, and they offer around the clock access and care so that no patient ever feels like they are alone in this process.
Facts You Must Know
Very High Success Rate
Areas Liposuction Can Improve
Liposuction may be used to reduce localized fat deposits of the:
- Abdomen and waist
- Bra line
- Calves and ankles
- Cheeks, chin and neck
- Chest area
- Hips and buttocks
- Inner knee
- Upper arms
Listed below are some common pre-op instructions that nearly every patient needs to follow:
- On the evening prior to the surgery, be sure to get a good night sleep.
- On the day of surgery, limit food intake to light breakfast or lunch. Bring your prescriptions to the office when you come in for the procedure. Upon arriving to the office inform nurse.
- Be sure that your home and car will be prepared for you. Following surgery, drainage of tumescent anesthesia may ruin car upholstery, carpeting, linens, and bedding. We recommend covering car seats, your bed, and any other furniture that you might rest on with a waterproof pad or cover.Wear old, loose, dark colored clothes to the office on the day of surgery. Sweats and warm-ups suits tend to work best. Women are usually most comfortable in a cotton sports-type bra. Be aware that anything you wear to surgery may end up ruined by tumescent anesthesia drainage. Men should bring an extra pair of boxers or briefs.
- Immediately following surgery, absorbent dressings will be placed on incision wounds to collect drainage and you will be fitted with a tight compression garment which will facilitate retraction of the skin over suctioned areas. Please wear the garment overnight. If the absorbent pads become saturated with drainage, they may be replaced with dry absorbent pads if this can be done without removing the garment.
- Sitting in an upright position will facilitate drainage. If you lay flat on your back at home immediately after liposuction, you will start draining profusely as soon as you next stand up. After 6-8 hours postoperatively you may lie flat, and sleep in any comfortable position.
- The morning after the surgery, you may remove the garment and absorbent dressings and take a shower. Wash and dry your garment. It is perfectly acceptable for incision wounds to get wet after this point. Wash incision sites with soap and water, apply a small amount of Vaseline ointment and cover incision with Band-Aids. Repeat wound care once daily until your post-op appointment. Put your compression garment back on.
- We recommended avoiding strenuous activity for the first two to three days following surgery. Be sure to get out of bed for meals, bathroom, etc. to keep the circulation in your legs flowing. Most patients are usually able to return to normal activity and work within 2-3 days following liposuction. Some patients who experience above average soreness may require a longer convalescent period. High impact aerobic activities or exercise that will raise the heart rate should not be performed for two (2) weeks minimally.
Before & After
Benefits of Liposuction
- It can enhance the shape and contour of your body.
- It may help to, or completely remove, lipomas, which are benign fatty tumors in certain areas of the body.
- It can help treat lipodystrophy syndrome, which is when there is a fat metabolism disturbance in which there is excessive fat in some areas of the body, but none in others.
- The effects of lipo can be very long-lasting so long as the patient’s weight does not greatly increase any time after the procedure.
- It can improve the appearance of someone’s body, making it more natural looking, for someone who has, for instance, had a gastric band or bypass procedure by correcting abnormalities that resulted from the weight loss, like excess skin.
- It can help treat excessive sweating in the armpit areas, as well as chafing in other areas, such as the thighs.
- The results are for the most part immediate, so you can enhance your appearance in as little as a day. Besides swelling, which may take a few weeks to subside, the enhancements are immediate.
- It often influences better habits, such as exercise and good dieting, as the results of lipo must be maintained.
- It can improve a person’s well-being by improving severe imbalances and abnormalities in the body’s appearance. While it is not a substitute for a healthy living style, it can make you feel good.
A highly recommended clinicI love American Aesthetic, so much experience and very precise with the level of care that I received and the results of my procedure. My clothes fit so much better! My self esteem is better. After having 5 kids, taking all that off the middle was very worth it.
Way Beyond My ExpectationsDr. Ateesh is an artist and understands how to plan for the best results possible. The attention to detail, as well as the pre and post operative care were way beyond my expectations. There is genuine care and kindness here. Very happy. I can’t believe how quickly I was fitting back into suit jackets that I thought were forever in my closet as historical items of youth past.
Feeling Satisfied!Pre-op consultation was honest and supportive. Dr. Juan called me to consult on a possible pre-existing condition (a doctor actually called me – on the phone!!) and he listened to my preferences. The surgical center was professional, supportive and friendly. The results have been as expected!