The development of lines and wrinkles can negatively affect the overall appearance of the face. Over time, these conditions often worsen and form deep creases and folds. BOTOX® Cosmetic is an injectable solution made of botulinum toxin type A, and it effectively improves signs of aging to restore a more youthful and attractive facial appearance.
BOTOX® is one of the most desired cosmetic treatments in the world. American Aesthetic Medical Center regularly performs this procedure for men and women of all ages.
Very High Success Rate
Features Botox can treat
- Horizontal lines across the forehead are often the result of repeatedly raising the eyebrows.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic provides a smoother forehead by relaxing the muscles of the forehead.
- The brows tend to droop and hood the eyes over time, which can cause an upset appearance and may even impair vision.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic lifts and restores the youthful arch in your brows by relaxing the muscles that pull your eyebrows downward.
- Vertical lines or furrows between the eyebrows develop from scrunching the brows.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic halts the movement of the brow muscles to restore youth to the eye area.
- Fine lines at the corners of the eyes develop as a result of squinting or smiling.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic relaxes the muscles around the eyes to diminish the appearance of crow’s feet.
Under the Eyes:
- Years of squinting can cause wrinkles to develop beneath the eyes.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic temporarily relaxes muscles around the lower eyelid to produce a more alert facial appearance.
- Indentations and irregularities on the chin can be caused by overactive muscles in the center of the chin.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic hinders the movement of this muscle to allow your chin to take on a more youthful shape.
- Make alterations in medications you are already taking.
- Discontinue the use of any kind of blood thinner to avoid swelling and bruising.
- Avoid taking any kind of sleeping aids, muscle relaxants or allergy medications.
- Make the alterations or avoid using vitamins and herbal supplements.
Post op Care
Post treatment care plays an important role in getting the desired results after getting the BOTOX®. Here is a list of most important care instructions:
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection (you may lie in a reclined position, just do not lay flat)
- Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1 hour after injection
- Do not wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you have had injections between the brows or in the forehead
- Refrain from aerobic exercise that increases your heart rate greatly
- Do not massage or manipulate injected areas for 24 hours after injections.
- Refrain from using ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements, or vitamin E for 24 hours following injection
- If bruising appears, apply ice to area for 15 minutes every hour to decrease bruising
- The most common side effect is headache with BOTOX® injections. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed by your doctor.
- BOTOX®will gradually take effect over 7-10 days with optimum result at 2 weeks. If this is your first BOTOX® injection, we recommend scheduling a follow up appointment 2 weeks after your injection.
Before & After
There are many aesthetic, functional and psychological benefits of a BOTOX® treatment. Some of them are as follows:
- It reduce facial wrinkles
- Treat headaches and migraines
- Treat muscle spasms
- Reduce the effect of Bell’s palsy
- Relieve symptoms of an enlarged prostate
- Reduce symptoms of overactive bladder