Acne is one of the most common skin problems in both men and women all across the globe. It is important that you undertake an effective treatment for acne because it can lead to scarring if not treated right.
Acne is caused by clogging of skin pores. This generally happens when the skin is producing too much of sebum which is the natural oil. The excess oil produced by the sebaceous glands, along with daily dirt and grime, gets trapped in open pores. This is why it is always advised to keep your face adequately moisturized.
Very High Success Rate
Benefits of Acne Treatment
Benefits of this treatment include:
- It is virtually non-surgical, non-invasive
- It does not cause any pain or discomfort
- No downtime is needed
- Recovery is generally very quick and uneventful
Avoid excessive sun exposure 2 to 3 weeks prior to acne treatment.
- Use a strong sunscreen (recommended by your dermatologist) to avoid sun damage.
- Start using skin lightening cream (prescribed by your dermatologist) 2 to 3 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Avoid skin tanning.
- Stop using blood-thinning medications at least a week before treatment.
- Avoid applying any cosmetic product on the day of treatment.
Post-procedural care of Acne involves the following steps:
- Apply antibiotic ointment prescribed by the doctor to the treated areas.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2-3 months after every session of acne treatment in Dubai.
- Do not pick at scabs and crusts, doing so will result in permanent scarring
- Keep your skin moisturized to avoid dryness and itching.
- Do not touch your face unnecessarily.
- Rubbing and scratching treatment sites is strictly prohibited.
There are numerous treatment options for Acne and Acne Scars Treatment. Most commonly used treatments include topical treatments, chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing.
Topical treatment is prescribed by dermatologists to fight mild to moderate acne. Creams, ointments or gels are applied directly to the affected area which is able to kill the bacteria and unclog the pores. These topical products are also prescribed in combination with antibiotic oral medications as an effective treatment to get rid of acne.
These acidic solutions are applied to the skin and left in place for some time before they are wiped off. The treatment is quite effective and the strength of the peel is determined as per the individual’s requirement. This acne treatment in Dubai can also be used to treat mild to moderate acne scarring.
Laser Skin resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure that uses a wand-like laser instrument to remove the upper layers of skin from acne scarring. It is sometimes referred to as “laser peeling” since it removes old skin cells in order to reveal newer, more youthful cells.
Before & After
IT ACTUALLY WORKS! (AND NOT JUST TEMPORARILY)I cannot stress this enough, I have clear skin for the first time EVER. Not a single pimple on my face. I cannot thank American Aesthetic Medical Center enough for all their guidance.
CLEAR SKIN ON MY TERMSI’ve had a great experience with American Aesthetic Medical Center. They provided excellent guidance and encouragement through the process & gave me knowledge for getting & staying clear.
GREAT PROCEDURES, CARING TEAMAmerican Aesthetic Medical Center has been an amazing experience! The team I talked to were 100% empathetic, really took the time to learn about me.
- You are at least 18 years old or above.
- You are not pregnant.
- You are nit breastfeeding.
- You want a permanent fix for your acne.
- You want to eliminate acne marks.
What often happens is that people excessively wash their faces in the belief that it will cure their acne only to find that it has worsened it! Too much washing removes essential oils from the skin which dries it out, leaving it to crack or peel.
Washing the face twice daily will help but in conjunction with an acne treatment.
However, raised stress levels are more likely to aggravate acne. This is discussed further in our acne complications section.