Skin Tag Removal
Skin tags are small bumps that develop where the skin rubs against itself. The tendency to develop skin tags can run in families, but often people have no idea how to remove skin tags or where to go for help. Skin tags appear most commonly in the regions of the neck, torso, breasts, armpits, mid-thighs, and genitals.
The removal of skin tags is a relatively simple procedure but should be done by a medical dermatologist. American Aesthetic Medical Center can easily and painlessly remove skin tags without scar formation.
Very High Success Rate
Skin tags are comprised of blood vessels and loose collagen fibers surrounded by skin and are common in both men and women. As mentioned above, they are a result of skin rubbing on skin meaning they are particularly common in obese individuals due to the increased likelihood of chafing. Furthermore, patients with type 2 diabetes or pregnant women are also more susceptible to skin tag growth.
Skin Tag Removal is an easy procedure, but there are still some pre-op arrangements that you need to make to ensure that your treatment goes smoothly and that it achieves the desired results.
- Protect your skin from the sun.
- Do not touch the skin tags excessively.
- Fill in all your prescriptions ahead of time.
- Apply any ointments prescribed by your doctor.
Primarily, your skin is numbed using local anesthesia. A handheld laser device is placed close to the skin tag. Laser beams are allowed to target the skin tags. These beams eliminate skin tags in a single go without affecting the surrounding skin. It does not leave behind any unsightly marks. Cooling creams are applied on the surface of your skin which concludes the procedure.
Post Treatment Care is important as it helps to avoid any complication and allows your skin to heal quickly.
- Taking prescribed medications to relieve pain and discomfort.
- Limiting your physical activities during the first week of recovery and avoiding vigorous activities and exercises for the recommended period of time.
- Taking care of the sites of the incision.
- Noting the progress of healing and keeping an eye for any signs of infection. Report immediately to your doctor if you notice something unusual other than what your doctor has warned you against.
Before & After
Here is a list of the notable benefits of skin tag removal procedure:
- It removes visible skin tags thereby making the skin smoother.
- It eliminates the discomfort that results from the skin tags touching the clothing or jewelry.
- It will remove the skin tag thereby boosting your self-esteem and confidence by delivering better looks.
- If the skin tag is located in areas that need to be shaved regularly, the person will have a good shaving experience after removing it.
QUICK & PAINLESSSkin tags are gone. Done painlessly. Dr. was professional and very pleasant. Could tell he knew what he was doing. Will highly recommend.
SKIN TAGS ARE GONE… DONE PAINLESSLYVery knowledgeable and friendly doctor. Very helpful staff. Very nice environment. The skin tag is gone and the results of my skin exam were great.
WONDERFUL PROCESSThe skin tag is gone! I was seen at my appointment time, and the consultation and procedure were done very quickly. As my appointment was first thing in the morning before going to work, I appreciated the timeliness of everything!
No. Unlike warts, skin tags don’t spread to other parts of the body or to other people, even though direct contact. Removing one skin tag doesn’t directly lead to the growth of new tags, either.
Some people might notice new skin tags after having one removed from a certain part of the body. However, this simply means that the affected area is more prone to skin tags by default.